Quick links - families/individuals:
- Log-in (family accounts)
- Find a band to join
- Book a music lesson or instrument loan
Quick links - schools/organisations:
- Log-in (organisation officers)
- Book an instrumental tutor visit
- Book a classroom teacher
- Book a Music Therapist
- Book a specialist ensemble director
Need advice or information? Email a query.
We are the County music service and Lead Partner for the Music Education Hub. There are a whole range of opportunities available through us or our partner organisations in which you can take part. Have a browse or contact us if you are looking for particular information.
Lesson costs start from £5.77 per session for music lessons with loan of an instrument being just £28 each term. If you are unsure whether an instrument will be suitable please read our music lessons leaflet (822 Kb) or get in touch with us for more information. You can book a single session if you want to have the opportunity to try out an activity.
Log in or Register to set up your lesson account. For help email us or telephone 01480 373500.
We loan instruments from our bank subject to availability from as little as £7 per month to any learner.
- Book your lesson and instrument at the same time through our online tuition accounts or
- log in or register and place your request or renew online (149 Kb)
Download our ensembles brochure and book your place using the sign-up form:
ensembles-brochure-201516-v1a.pdfsent-out-150804.pdf (1.9 MB)
ensembles-sign-up-form-1516v2doc.pdf (176 Kb)
ensembles-sign-up-form-1516v2doc.doc (1.37 MB)
Our first playing day for existing and potential members is coming up on 11th October 2015. You can download the factsheet below and we hope to see you there.
oct-playing-day-county-ensembles-factsheet.pdf (256 Kb)
Children and young people may be able to purchase a portable instrument VAT-free for use in their musical studies. See more details in our assisted instrument purchase guide.
Our current terms and conditions for chargeable services is listed below. For school partnerships provisions in other documents may also apply for some activities.
150710-cambridgeshire-music-terms-and-conditions.pdf (118 Kb)
We recruit throughout the year and are always looking for musicians with a vareity of skills and experiences that are able to help develop new opportunities in our schools and extra curricular work. You can send us a cv at any time to and advertised positions can be found at Public Sector Jobs East.
Our music library has a large stock of sets of music. You can browse the catalogue here. We recommend emailing us to check availability. Membership costs per set are:
- Orchestral Overtures/Smaller Works (£10)
- Orchestral Symphonies/Concertos/Larger Works (£15)
- Vocal Scores (per box of 30) (£10)
- Choral Sheets (£5)
- Chamber Ensemble Works (£5)
- School Ensemble Sets (£5)
- Missing parts on return (any set) (£30 per part)
- Unsorted returned sets (£5 per set)
- Delivery costs are added if required or sets can be collected during office hours from Papworth Everard.